Good Questions to Ask Before Starting a Laboratory Automation Project
You as a supervisor/ manager or a person in charge (design, development, maintenance, financial, …) may want to ask the following questions from your team or yourself before implementing a laboratory automation/ laboratory testing automation/ test automation project. Answering these questions may help you and your team to make more informed decision to start your automation process.
Here is a partial list of questions facing supervisors (managers) in charge of implementation of a testing automation project. We may add to this list later in another post.
- Do you know the exact scope of your project? Big picture vs. details.
- Have you done your ROI analysis?
- Have you thought about advantages vs. disadvantage of doing the project?
- Do you (your team) have the experience, skill sets, capability of doing the project in-house?
- Do you have a time-frame to accomplish these tasks?
- Could you break down the implementation into smaller projects?
- Do you need a prototyping project before starting the actual project?
- What are the functionalities you are looking for to accomplish with this implementation?
- How much of budget you can allocate per each functionality?
- What are your best options to choose an outside integrator/ implementation team? An experienced Lab Automation Integrator / Implementer such as AB Controls could be a good choice.
- Did you provide feasibility studies for the project in-house? – AB Controls offers a full range of services for implementation of your lab automation project including feasibility study phase.
- Who are the stakeholders for the initial phase of your project?
- Does every single function in the application, need a corresponding test associated with it, or just the core functionality?
- Does every application need a full end to end automation module to be built or just enough to satisfy the quality assurance team?
- Could team members work on different modules concurrently?
The answer differs for every manager/ supervisor , but should always be derived from a clear, continuous, communication between laboratory staff, engineers, development team, clinicians, quality control team and management in general.
At AB Controls, we are offering a wide range of services and product to help you to start your Lab Automation Project, we offer a full range of integration, implementation and maintenance solution.
Call us today at 949-341-0977 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.